Tuesday, February 10, 2009

On the road...

We are on the road to recovery. I got strep for the first time ever last week while DH was on a trip. It never fails. If it didn't keep happening over and over it would be funny. One of us always gets sick when he's gone especially this time of year. No kidding!

Strep kicked my butt. I wanted to rip my throat and ear out. It would have felt better. I opted for the antibiotic shot instead of pills for 10 days. My butt still hurts and the bruise isn't gone yet. I know, TMI.

Then Sunday ODD gets up with a sore throat. Strep confirmed Monday at regular peds office after Urgent Care botched the test and told us it was sinuses. We exposed 1/2 the city through church and a birthday party. We are meeting with the ENT Monday to talk about removing her tonsils. I really want to do what is best for her but I'm not sure what that is.

I had YDD checked out at the same time. She's the one with sinus issues. At least if she gets strep she's covered with an antibiotic.

ODD turns 6 on Thursday. I can't believe it. Her party is Saturday so hopefully she'll be back to 100% then.

1 comment:

Chris, Kristin, and Emily said...

hoping that surgery is not needed, but completely understand that good that can come of it! i've heard miracles about tubes in the ears and tonsillectomies for kids! praying for you!