Thursday, December 20, 2007

Accident

My girls were in a tiny car accident today. My parents picked them up from preschool and were taking them to their home as they do every Thursday. It's raining outside today and some teenager rear-ended them when they were stopped to turn. Everyone is fine but that just messes with a mom's mind. They didn't get very upset and didn't cry at all. NaNa gave them a cookie and I could hear them talking (and fighting) while I was on the phone with her. I opted not to go to them because I figured if I made a big deal about it then they would pick up on that and thus make a big deal about it.

Now we get to deal with the car seat/booster seat/strap/seat belt issue - replace all, none or some parts. I'm pretty insistent on replacing the car seat but the car seat people told me the seat belt holding the booster in would need to be replaced. I hadn't thought of that before.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm glad it wasn't serious. I have no idea about the seat belt/carseat/booster seat issue though.

Mike said...

Wow, glad to hear everything is ok. Do they mean they need to replace the seatbelt in the car?