Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Baking...

Is it really baking if you don't turn on the oven? But saying Christmas Candy Making doesn't sound as well. Either way, I'm baking or candy making today. The toffee and chocolate drops are done. Fudge is next and when the girls are home we'll do chocolate chip cookies, so I will actually do some baking.

I love Christmas baking. I love the smells when you come in the house. YUM.

By the way, self stick pots totally mess with your candy times. I don't use a thermometer. I have tried and true recipes so I go by minutes BUT they are minutes for my old pot. Which I promptly dug back out after realizing the timing was off.

Don't try to make fudge when it's cold and rainy. I hope it will set but I cooked the stuff forever. I knew devinity wouldn't work but I thought I'd be ok with fudge.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Oh I like the layout!

I wanna come to your house right now! Sounds yummy. :)