Monday, May 4, 2009

I don't know whether...

to laugh or throw up.

I quite often buy Green Giant Fresh Steam veggies. I had a pack of the broccoli in the freezer that I decided to fix for dinner. Bruce drained them and put them in a bowl. As I'm dishing the broccoli onto the girl's plates, I look at the broccoli and it doesn't quite look right. Well actually one thing in the bowl didn't look right. There was a nice big caterpillar on top. I had DH confirm because after being frozen and microwaved I wanted confirmation.

I had to take broccoli off the girls plates because no way in the world were we going to eat it. YDD was saying but I want some and I'm trying not to tell them why they can't have it. I finally said just trust me. I had one fresh crown in the fridge that I washed and steamed quickly. I should have just done that in the first place but ODD will actually eat the stems in the other.

DH returned it to grocery where we got our money back, a grocery gc and the promise of contact from the big giant himself.

I still feel sick. I think I'm due for a lifetime supply of antacid or something till I quit thinking about this and gagging and feeling nauseous.

Beware of your packaged stuff!!!

4 comments:

the mccann clan said...

Ugh... I think I choose throw up. How disgusting, and we use steam in the bag broccoli too! I'll be looking it over really closely in the future...

LauraGST said...

Opps, I guess Steam Fresh is made by Bird's Eye and not Green Giant. I listed the wrong co.

Chris, Kristin, and Emily said...

ugh! terrible. and we eat a lot of broccoli around here...one of em's favorites!

Lynnea said...

I used to buy those all the time when we had a microwave. Yuck!