Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Voting...

I went to vote today. Yea me!
It took 1 and a half hours. Boo!

Rant on...
I appreciate all the hard work the workers but in but come on... They had 3 lines. A - ? and ?-M and then N-Z. That puts R, S, T and W all together. At some point they pulled U-Z and made a 4th line. It didn't help. R, S and T all still together. Then when you checked in you got in another line to get your ballot (only 1 table set up) and then you voted and then got in yet another line to put your ballot in the machine because there was only one machine there. I went to city elections just a few weeks/months ago and there were at least 2 and I think 3. I would think a presidential election might pull a few more voters. And nobody outside to let people know about the lines. When you are wrapped around the building nobody can see that there is no line for A-M. And then you here a worker say we didn't know the line was that long. Open your ears that is all that was being talked about.

My friend at another polling place was S and had no line. My parents (S) are still in line at their place. My sister in KS was in and out in 5 minutes (P).

Glad I got through. Took DH 2 hours.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

It took us an hour at our polling place this morning. But only because we got there right as they opened and people were already waiting. But ours had the same setup for the three lines inside and the poor N-Z line was going nowhere. They seriously need a better way of breaking those up.